German Clusters in Joint Action for Industrial Biotechnology
In late 2008, the winners of the nationwide competition BioIndustry 2021 launched by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) set up the work group BioIndustry 2021. Its aim is to support the development of industrial biotechnology on a national as well as on an international level and to ensure Germany’s leading position even beyond the five year funding period of “BioIndustry 2021”. The work group wants to make the newly created value chains transparent in order to illustrate the advan tages and the potential of industrial biotechnology. By synergies, the partners want to add value to the whole industry.
The winning clusters BioIndustry 2021 are:
- www.biocatalysis2021.net | Cluster BIOCATALYSIS2021, Hamburg
- www.clib2021.de/en | Cluster CLIB2021, Düsseldorf
- www.biopolymers.com | Cluster Biopolymers/Biomaterials, Stuttgart
- www.cib-frankfurt.de | Cluster CIB Frankfurt
- www.biom-wb.de | Cluster BIOM WB since 1 October 2012: IBB Netzwerk GmbH, Munich
In this website you will find further information on the five BioIndustrie 2021 clusters and their individual specialities and strengths.